How to a Create Upwork Account
Upwork is the world’s largest online freelancing marketplace. Initially, it was known as Odesk which later changed its name to merge with another Marketplace Alliance to take the name Upwork. Many people who work online have a dream of opening a freelancing account by opening account at Upwork. Again, there are those who do not like this marketplace very much.
If you have decided to work at Upwork, sign up as follows:-
1. Enter Upwork’s sign-up page.
2. If you want, you can also use their Android app for this purpose. However, when you sign up, you will be redirected to the previously mentioned page.
3. Fill out the form with all the necessary information.
4. Properly verify email and phone numbers.
5. When all the information is written correctly, now press the submit button.
Following the above procedure will make you a successful member of Upwork. But you have to wait until the account is approved.
After successfully creating an Upwork account, you can follow the steps below. This will increase your chances of getting a job.
- Verify your ID from profile settings.
- Explain the experience and details of the work done in your profile.
- Fill in all the required information by entering the view profile option.
- Design your profile based on your skills.
- You can visit Upwork’s Freelancer Education Center
More: How to start earning online through Upwork
Upwork membership and connections
You will need to Connect to send the job proposal to the client. This means that Connects works a lot like tokens here. 1 to 7 connectors are required to bid for each job. However, if the project is canceled, you will get your connections back.
After signing up for Upwork you will get some connections for free. But they will run out in a few days. If you use Upwork’s free membership plan, you’ll need to pay 0.15 for each connection.
However, those who subscribe to the monthly membership plan for 14.99 will get 60 Connect for free. The plan also includes some additional benefits.